Saturday 18 June 2011

Hatchet II




Back to the swamp time as the legend of Victor Crowley further expands in Adam Greens second splatterfest HATCHET II. Lead Marybeth is recast with HALLOWEEN starlet Danielle Harris and the cast is plumped out with Tony Todd taking onore than a cameo in fact his character has ulterior motives behind entering the backwoods to Marybeth avenge her family against the belt sander wielding swamp ghost.

You know I want to love this and i want to love the original but I just don't. I find both films pretty sub-par in terms of script, acting, production and general horrorishness. Now Adam Green has made two superb films with SPIRAL and my favourite horror film of 2010 FROZEN and though I get what HATCHET is about I'm just not into it. I thought it might be an age thing but I like the new NIGHT OF THE DEMONS and all it's over the top silliness so maybe it's not that at all.

Floppy for HATCHET II even though it does star the gorgeous Danielle Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment