Friday 29 October 2010

Saw 3D







There comes a time when every man's mettle must be tested. This film, SAW 3D, is the hardest test for me as film "reviewer". As an impartial cinema watcher this film is utter shit! As a SAW fan this is an OK sequel ranked between II and VI but better served than V. if I'm true to myself as a fan this is a great film.

This is where I would put in a synopsis. It's SAW. There's people in traps. Continue below.

Most of the great horror franchise were played or playing out as I grew up as a film fan. This is truly the first I have lived through and with one entry a year for seven years can I really complain. SAW has gone batshit. Totally and irreversibly. If you're not onboard by now (I'd say IV is your jumping off point) then frankly, fuck off.

There's blood. There's carnage. There's nonsense. There's TV actors. There's a black guy with a "cool" hat. The 3D adds nothing. We all knew the doctor was a bad egg from the game. There's actors having no idea what is going on. It's mental. I slightly love it. I slightly hate it. It's SAW, it's unique, it'd better have a part 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment