Sunday 17 July 2011

Happy Horor Half Way



As we're halfway through the year I thought I'd reflect on my favourite genre releases so far, a list that will no doubt change under the influence of this years Frightfest line-up.

KIDNAPPED - harrowing, grim and technical brilliance.

TROLL HUNTER - found footage gem.

TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL - hilarious horror cliche reversal

DRIVE ANGRY - super hot American exploration vehicle.

I SAW THE DEVIL - no one does revenge quite like Korea.

RUBBER - bonkers and brilliant.

VICTIMS - director Bryant is set to be big.

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN - hilarious and ludicrous.

SUPER - kicked KICK-ASS ass. Like a Troma flick from a good director.

INSIDIOUS - unexpected fun rather than scary.

CHECKPOINT aka TERRITORIES - French production in English bleak and real.

MONSTERS - it slipped put on limited release on Boxing Day '10 but this is simply the best genre film of the year for me!

SUCKERPUNCH - not sexy? Idiots. Fantastic CGI with hotties in underwear.

PHASE 7 - brilliant and darkly humourless end of the world tale with a storming John Carpenter style soundtrack.

Looking at that and with still many more to come I think my year end list could breach 20 films or more!



No comments:

Post a Comment