Friday 27 May 2011

Horror This Weekend



The biggest horror this weekend is that EVERYONE will flock like gulls around mouldy bread to see THE HANGOVER PART II. I have nothing against sequels but even the lacklustre ad campaigns reek of originality. Many people I know are planning on seeing this movie and many if them will gleefully tell me how much they loved it and sure it's not as good as the original and I'm a film snob and think I know everything about films and you know what, it won't be their fault.

I avoided the first film for quite a while as most modern gross-out comedy disappoints me but when undid get around to seeing it in Sky I really liked it but I KNOW they can't do this again without doing something different. Changing the location does my work and acknowledging that "we did it again" does not work for me. The film makers have let everyone down and the money you'll give them only rewards this.

I'm sure everyone who enjoys PART II on opening weekend will find it hollow and disappointing once they but the DVD or watch it again in a years time but for me the horror to experience is to watch people allow themselves to be cajoled into this and then gloating at me about it. Fine I'll be watching my BLACK SWAN blu ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment